Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Burn Journals by Brent Runyon


So many reviews to catch up on! Wintergirls, Bloom, and I still have to read at least 7 more!!

RAWR.

Summary:
Brent Runyon is your normal 8th grader. Sort of. After accidentally setting a matchbook on fire and then burning a gym shirt and locking the matches inside a locker, he knows he's doomed. So he decides to commit suicide. The Burn Journals detail his recovery in the hospitals, the people he meet, and the friendship he kindles with practically everyone.

Review:
I really only finished it bcause I would die if I didn't. I'm kind of glad I did, and I'm kind of disappointed that I did at the same time. This book was so perverted. In the beginning, he was talking about literally MOLESTING another girl. Like, are you serious? I literally put the book down and hit it with another book. I was so disgusted. And this is a true story too! Ughh I just had a taste into the mind of a normal teenage boy. -___-

♥eums

2 comments:

  1. Eeek, the book sounds horrible. But I LOVE the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewww! i know what not to buy the next time i hit borders. :P

    ReplyDelete